Wednesday, June 23, 2010

DCAU (Fandom Listing)

DCAU (DC Animated Universe)
I'm including all the DCAU shows that I watch in a single post because they have the same continuity, so I consider them to be a metaseries.

I will say upfront, I'm not really into comics. I gave up reading them when I was a kid because I didn't like having to wait so long between issues and when I realized that different writers have handled the same comic at various points in history, I felt like I never knew what the "real" story was.

Weird? Maybe. But that's how I felt at the time.

Out of curiosity, I have used the internet to trace the stories around particular superheroes or hero teams that I like, and usually enjoy a good superhero movie, but I can't speak to how well something does or doesn't stick to the comic plots/characterizations.

DCAU Shows I watch:

Batman: TAS/The New Batman Adventures
BTAS is my favorite. I stuck out The New Batman Adventures just to see what happened, but I wasn't thrilled.

Superman: TAS/The New Batman/Superman Adventures
This series didn't quite live up to BTAS, and I think it's gotten a worse reputation than it deserves for that reason. It was still a good show in its own right, and I enjoyed it.

Batman: Beyond
I wasn't sure how I felt about this concept when the show started, but Terry McGinnis won me over despite himself.

Static Shock
One of those shows I wish would have lasted a LOT longer.

Justice League (JLA/JLU)
Given the choice, I prefer JLA, but again, I stuck with the story and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment