Sunday, July 25, 2010

Roddenberry's Andromeda (Fandom Listing)

I am a Roddenberry fangirl, and I won't apologize for it. So, I suppose it was inevitable that I would come to enjoy Andromeda. That said, I was a bit reticent about the show when I started watching it.

As with Star Trek, I enjoyed the ideas that the series often explored. However, I had a hard time seeing Kevin Sorbo as a starship captain. For the majority of season 1, I kept seeing and hearing Hercules when Dylan spoke. The rest of the characters were what drew me in to the show, which I ended up watching in its entirety while it was running on what is now Syfy along with my favorite show, Stargate SG-1.

My favorite characters were Beka and Rhade, but one way or another I found myself drawn into everyone's lives and the evolution of interpersonal dynamics on the show.

Ships

Dylan/Rommie
Andromeda/Balance of Judgement
Beka/Rhade

No comments:

Post a Comment